Although QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly in order for future information to be accurate. All information necessary to setup manual accounting records is also necessary to setup and install QuickBooks on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
QuickBooks Set Up
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time – time taken away from managing your business. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs.
- Recommend software and hardware requirements.
- Install software, design, and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package, which could include, depending on your needs, payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determination of your Quickbooks starting date.
- Preparation of a list of items that you sell to customers. This list includes services, inventory, non-inventory parts, other charges, and sales taxes.
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date.
- Entering your transactions since your starting dates into Quickbooks.
- Train client or client staff in use of software to meet their accounting, management, and tax needs.
- Follow up training to ensure the client is “on the right track.”
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual review of client Quickooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reports.
Once QuickBooks is set-up and working properly, we can train you or your employees to properly operate QuickBooks specifically for your business. Why choose one-on-one attention instead of taking a class?
- We can arrange to come to your location.
- We focus on the specific and unique issues facing your business.
- We will be there to answer your specific questions and concerns.
- No need to spend time on features that don’t impact your business.
Overhaul your accounting system with a QuickBooks Tune-up. Whether you need to prepare for tax time, a financial review or you just need to clean up some problem areas, you’ll be prepared with a QuickBooks Tune-up. We will help you clean up and organize your bookkeeping system and perform the following services:
- Reviewing your transactions for the year
- Cleaning up stray entries
- Customizing reports
- Balancing general ledger to subsidiary accounts
- Additional personalized training
A QuickBooks Tune-up is a smart and affordable way to get a handle on your books. Accurate records allow you to make educated decisions for your business and will save you money!